What is the value of a live stream and why should I do it?
This is a question that we get asked, and ask ourselves, often. What is the value of a live stream? There’s a clear ‘trend’ in live streaming but that’s not enough to justify doing it. There are risks associated with it to so as you consider the live streaming options, take a look at this list. If you need to discuss anything here, please don’t hesitate to contact us, however small or large your project.
- Live streaming allows you to present services, people and products transparently and honestly. In a world where customers are starting to expect this level of detail, livestreaming is a great way to achieve it.
- Live streaming allows you to highlight your expertise.
- Live streaming allows you to promote to people who can’t attend an event – widening your potential audience.
- Live streams have an aspect of urgency that can be compelling for some potential viewers.
- Live streaming on certain channels can create automatic ‘alerts’ for existing followers, groups or communities.
- Live streaming is a great two-way channel for feedback and Q&A.
- Live stream polls are easy to implement and can create valuable targeted feedback.
- Live stream statistics and demographics allow you to see who is engaging via your digital marketing channels which is valuable information for re-marketing.
- Live streaming allows you to save the event and use it for promotional or educational purposes after the event has finished.
- Call-to-action can be easier on an event live stream compared to a on-location seminar presentation.
- A good live stream presentation can encourage people to attend future events or to pay for more in-depth live streams. (Possibly converting ‘free’ to ‘paid’.)
- Live streaming can save money on paying to bring people to an event. (Remote learning, remote participants in a seminar or webinar.)
- Live streaming can be a great way to grow social network followers.
- Pay-to-view and pay-to-comment live streams can generate revenue.
- Live streams have the potential to become viral. (Location based events have limited ‘seats.’)
- Live streams can be watched when mobile.
- Live streams are relatively new and can give an advantage over competition.
Live streams aren’t simple and can get complex. There’s also a brand risk to consider. HiBlue is experienced in tailoring a service that fits budget and quality expectations so don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re active in Bonn, Cologne and the region.
If you’re looking for support services for #cop23, the United Nations Climate Change Conference event in November, we can help. Call Steve on the number at the header on this page, tweet @hibluecom or contact us via Facebook.